Anatomical directions for decribing coracoids

Many different sets of directions have been used to describe
coracoids, with the edge furthest from the scapular articulation
having been variously described as median (e.g. Seeley, 1882),
inferior (Riggs, 1904), anteromedial (Powell, 1992), distal (Curry
Rogers, 2001) and anterior (Upchurch et al., 2004), and the
designation of the other directions varying similarly.  Is any
consensus emerging in this area, or should I just pick whichever one I
like most?

(Note that I am NOT asking about the orientation of the
scapulocoracoid in life -- just what orientation is assumed for the
purpose of using directional terms to indicate parts of the elements.)

)_v__/\  "Perl's grammar can not be reduced to BNF.  The work of parsing
         perl is distributed between yacc, the lexer, smoke and mirrors"
         -- Chaim Frenkel.