To: <villandra@austin.rr.com>; "Paula Goodman" <paulawilder@mac.com>
Cc: <michael@lovejoy-horses.co.uk>; <dinosaur@usc.edu>
Sent: Saturday, September 22, 2007 5:05 PM
Subject: Re: Evidence For a Feathered Velociraptor...

--- Dora Smith <villandra@austin.rr.com> wrote:

It didn't occur to anybody that these animals once
had wings until they
started trying to explain why they have qill marks
on the bones of their
forelimbs.

Er..well, Gregory S. Paul has been arguing for several years that some small theropods, particularly dromaeosaurs, were secondarily flightless:

http://www.amazon.com/Dinosaurs-Air-Evolution-Flight-Birds/dp/0801867630

--
Internal Virus Database is out-of-date.