Re: dino cycad PDF

Belated thanks to everyone who sent me the pdf! It is very interesting and quite convincing.

It is also testable: it predicts that there were more cycads in the Late Cretaceous in the sauropod-dominated southern continents than in the ornithopod-dominated northern continents. Unfortunately I know very little about the paleobotanic record.

(For those who have forgotten, the article was announced over a month ago, and explains the toxicity of cycad fronds and seeds, the edible and sugary seed coats, the size, color and accessibility of the seeds, the wide distribution of cycads during the Mesozoic, and their island-like relictual distribution plus high diversity throughout the Cenozoic by suggesting that large herbivorous dinosaurs that didn't chew much were the main seed dispersers.)