Drawing Mamenchisaurus youngi...

Rather large image as I like to do some detail work on the head and
the animal's proportions don't exactly cooperate:
http://www.maj.com/gallery/Dracontes/TradDigi/mamenchisaurus_youngi_copy.jpg

Drawing of a putative male based on the recent skeletal by Scott
Hartman
http://shartman.deviantart.com/art/Mamenchisaurus-youngi-skeletal-56372419

The elongated dorsal midline scutes and dewlap relate to
display/species recognition. The polygon/hatched zones have thick
scutes for protection from sundry attacks... uh, and I thought they
would look cool and stuff...

Anyway, critiques, comments, thoughts? All are welcome! Many thanks in advance.
--
Renato Santos
http://www.geocities.com/rfvs1983