No flying involved here.

From: "Richard W. Travsky" <rtravsky@uwyo.edu>

I could go along with that I suppose. The effect that comes to mind is
one that occurs with spoilers on cars

 http://www.ea.com/official/nfs/underground2/us/editorial.jsp?src=strategy
 Once you have a Spoiler on your car, you should be aware that it isn't
 there just for the looks. It has a valuable importance in stability at
 high speed. In Dyno tuning mode, I suggest setting the Downforce both
 for  front and rear to a equal value and as high as possible. This is
 useful  during high speed races. People like to see the caption of their
 car  while "lifting-off" a hill or bend, but that means that the wheels
 loose contact with the race track and also valuable speed, and grip. try
 to keep your car stuck to the track at all times for maximum performance.

Aerodynamic effect? As in lift? If you're running while being chased by
something, catching air would not necessarily be a good thing as this means
less contact with the ground for running. Might actually slow you down.

[...]

Advertisement: Need a Hand? Use Yellow.com.au http://a.ninemsn.com.au/b.aspx?URL=http%3A%2F%2Fadsfac%2Enet%2Flink%2Easp%3Fcc%3DPAS075%2E5683%2E0%26clk%3D1%26creativeID%3D73753&_t=765559690&_r=Hotmail_email_tagline_sept07&_m=EXT