RE: Anatomical directions for decribing coracoids

> That is not acually such a bad idea, except that --
> as with proximal
> and distal -- that only gives you two of the four
> (or six) directions
> you need.  If I went with sternal and scapular, then
> what would I call
> the edge of the coracoid that, were the scapula
> horizonal, would be
> the anterior edge?

Yes, that's the main problem. You can describe 2
directions in unequivocal terms, but only if you give
up hope to describe at least 2 others in unequivocal
terms.

I ran into a similar problem recently with
lateral/medial vs dorsal/ventral in the humerus-lower
arm joint.

Eike

Kennt man wirklich jeden über 3 Ecken? Die Antworten gibt's bei Yahoo! Clever.
www.yahoo.de/clever