Re: Evidence For a Feathered Velociraptor...

Tim Williams wrote:
> > Yes, but no modern bird uses its forelimbs as specialized instruments to
grasp or kill prey.  Not like _Velociraptor_ did.

Can I ask again, how do we know Velociraptor used it's forelimbs to grasp or
kill prey? I know you cited the famous 'Fighting Dinosaurs' specimen, but
it's pretty clear that whatever that particular Velociraptor was doing, it
wasn't working out too well...

I'm not against the idea of Velociraptor using it's forelimbs to grasp or
kill, I'd just like to know if there's evidence, or if it's currently only
speculation.
Regards,
Michael Lovejoy