Re: ADV: RE: Evidence For a Feathered Velociraptor...

On 9/27/07, Tim Williams <twilliams_alpha@hotmail.com> wrote:

> > Aerodynamic load has (as I'm using it) nothing to do with flying. It
> > has to do with forces exerted by moving the feather through the air.
> >
> > Given remiges, there would be aerodynamic forces acting on them. Given
> > the quill knobs, we can postulate substantial aerodynamic forces, but I
> > am not hypothesizing about what generated those forces, only that they
> > were present.
>

> No.  Given only quill knobs we canNOT postulate aerodynamic forces for
> _Velociraptor_ with 100% confidence.

We don't need quill knobs to postulate aerodynamic forces for
_Velociraptor_. The animal plainly moved about on land, and thus
suffered aerodynamic forces.

What we can't postulate with certainty is a CONNECTION between the
quill knobs and aerodynamic forces.

--
Andreas Johansson