Re: Homing Pigeons? Try Homing Crocodiles...

On Thu, 27 Sep 2007, Guy Leahy wrote:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/asia-pacific/7015561.stm

From the article:

Within three weeks it was back home, after a journey of more than 400km (250 miles).

Ok, call it an even 3 weeks and 250 miles, that's 83 miles a week,
12 miles a day.

 "We often thought crocodiles tired very quickly but here we show very
 clearly that they are capable of moving long distances for days on end,"
 added Professor Craig Franklin, from the University of Queensland.

I don't know if 12 miles a day is unreasonable, but for three weeks
is certainly persistent ;)

What is just as interesting is how they recognized the destination.