Re: Dromeo Danger

As a shy and sensitive type, I've always observed
nearby teeth w/ some interest, and listened carefully.

Serrated teeth say, "Hi, I have to cut my food up
before I eat it, and further, my food is not
necessarily dead when I do so (unlike a lion, for
example). Nor do I spend a lot of time eating bones,
even small ones." When the teeth are serrated AND
recurved, I seem to hear them say, "Whatever part of
you I manage get in my mouth, I will keep. Even if we
part ways, you will leave it behind."

Do you think this hallucination, er, I mean
observation, uh, speculation re behavior is
reasonable?

In the dromeo case, the rear claws are perfect for
providing traction when grabbing a mouthful and
pulling back really hard when attacking a larger
animal (ala Manning et. al).

I've spent a lot of time working on vertical surfaces
(ie, tree trunks), and I can testify that to pull back
(as on a hand saw, or a rope) you MUST have a firm
foothold.

Don