Re: Raptors climbing trees?

Until I saw the YouTube bit with bunches of goats in a huge tree, I
wouldn't
have been arguing that goats were tree climbers!<<<

That of course is my point exactly; goats are NOT tree climbers. Oh sure, they can (and do), but at this point the behavior plays no significant roll in their evolutionary success. If that were to somehow change in the future then whatever the selective process is will probably encourage specialization to their incipient arboreality that would be evident in their morphology.

Scott Hartman Science Director Wyoming Dinosaur Center 110 Carter Ranch Rd. Thermopolis, WY 82443 (800) 455-3466 ext. 230 Cell: (307) 921-8333

www.skeletaldrawing.com