Re: Raptors climbing trees?

Amtoine Grant wrote (in part):

Of course, we will never know what they "did". Our task should be to determine what they were at least possible of doing.<

This is exactly right. Unless we can actually observe a behavior, which by definition we can't do with extinct taxa, all we can do is rule out behaviors that appear to be physically impossible based on fossil evidence. To *paraphrase* (not quote) Aurther Conan Doyle, once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, can't be ruled out.

PTJN