Re: Dromeo Danger

I have been bitten by a reticulated python in the left forearm. Nasty for both me and the snake since my instinct was to pull away hard which broke off the teeth. I took antibiotics and the snake got mouth fungus from the damage. He was small being only about 7 feet long so it wasn't a fair fight. I didn't stop to examine the cross section of his teeth though I remember they were pointed to the rear of his mouth so as to make removal of said bitten limb difficult. I bled like a stuck pig. Note to self, don't clean mouse cages before cleaning python cages.

Tokay Geckos are the worse for not letting go. I held one that was attached to me underwater for 10 minutes and he never let go. I ended up using a couple of pencils as leverage. Bad attitude. Fortunately they are only 10 inches long. Varanus species can be big and obnoxious to handling too. Never seen a cuddly one.

Field season is slowly starting on Hell Creek up here. I am starting to get out walking hills already with the oncoming spring and decreasing snow.

Frank (Rooster) Bliss
MS Biostratigraphy
Weston, Wyoming
www.wyomingdinosaurs.com