RE: Raptors climbing trees?

Dann Pigdon wrote:

> Dromaeosaur bodies seem like they'd have been fairly stiff and bird-like to
> me. Having a long stiffened tail, and hips, wrists and ankles all with
> limited ranges of motion, would have made climbing quite difficult for the
> larger bodied species.

Agreed.  The same characters are also seen in smaller dromaeosaurs, including
microraptorines (unless we buy the notion that the femora could be splayed
laterally in the hip socket).  The only potentially scansorial/arboreal
characters seen in microraptorines are a few characters in the fingers and
toes.  Ditto for early birds.

Cheers

Tim
http://green.msn.com/galleries/photos/photos.aspx?gid=164&ocid=T003MSN51N1653A