RE: Theropod Skin Impression

Hey All! -

    Cool -- thanks for all the help on this!  Looks like there isn't much
out there that's published (I'm loathe to go around showing pictures of
unpublished stuff, even for a class of non-majors!).  The pic of
_Carnotaurus_ skin in the _Encyclopedia of Dinosaurs_ is better than the one
in the animal's monograph, but I was still hoping for a good color
picture...looks like an available project for someone!  But that pic, plus
the _Juravenator_ one, will be good enough for some quick illustration
alongside pics of hadrosaur, ceratopsian, sauropod, etc. skin.  Thanks
again!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Jerry D. Harris
Director of Paleontology
Dixie State College
Science Building
225 South 700 East
St. George, UT  84770   USA
Phone: (435) 652-7758
Fax: (435) 656-4022
E-mail: jharris@dixie.edu
 and     dinogami@gmail.com
http://cactus.dixie.edu/jharris/

"There's a saying that goes 'people who live in glass houses shouldn't throw
stones'... OK. How about...NOBODY should throw stones. That's crappy
behavior! My policy is 'no stone-throwing regardless of housing situation.'
There's an exception, though. If you're TRAPPED in a glass house...and you
have a stone, then throw it! What are you, an idiot? It's really 'ONLY
people in glass houses should throw stones'... provided they're trapped, in
a house... with a stone. It's a little longer, but you know..."
                                 --- Demetri Martin