Re: Paleogene Titanosaurs in South America? Paleogene ammonoids in the Persian Gulf? Not quite, but analogous...

And the fossils really aren't reworked? What are they, seeds?

So I can answer my own questions: the fossils are leaves, which are probably impossible to rework.

The paper also mentions pollen of Podocarpaceae from the Miocene of... Alaska. Geographically, this is a major surprise, too...

Seed plant phylogeny seems to be a headache. All molecular phylogenies I've seen find a monophyletic Gymnospermae, which is quite surprising from a morphological point of view.