the birds and the bees and the reptiles and the dinos

This whole discussion shows an urgent need for you all
to do as we did in my discipline on the "is Pluto a planet?"
question - have a conference and knock this one out, yea or nay.

And then get the public school K12's a note ASAP until the texts
can be revised.  Collegiate level is handled, but kids
are being instilled with what appears to be ideas that are no longer
"mainstream" at all (while the connection of birds and dinos is definitely
covered to a greater or lesser degree.)