Re: tweet-tweet

But, to date, have they officially made birds a classification of dinosaur?
Or will they remain in their own order as close kin?

The Preamble of the International Code of Zoological Nomenclature http://www.iczn.org/iczn/includes/page.jsp?nfv=&booksection=preamble guarantees your "freedom of taxonomic thought or actions". Translation: you can classify as you damn well please, and nobody can say it's wrong (or right for that matter); people can only say they like your classification or find it impractical or other such subjective judgments. By "you" I really mean you; there are no qualifications.

Yes, this does lead to a certain degree of chaos (I have never seen two identical classifications of the same group), which is why phylogenetic nomenclature http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phylogenetic_nomenclature was invented; but the International Code of Phylogenetic Nomenclature http://www.ohiou.edu/phylocode is not yet in effect.