A Megalosaurus aside (was RE: tweet-tweet)

> From: owner-dinosaur@usc.edu [mailto:owner-dinosaur@usc.edu]
> On Behalf Of T. Michael Keesey
>
> I think it is likely that "Dinosauria" will receive a
> definition along these lines under the PhyloCode: "the last
> common ancestor of _Megalosaurus bucklandi_ von Meyer 1832,

As per Benson et al.'s excellent review in the latest Palaeontology, the
correct complete species name for this dinosaur is _Megalosaurus bucklandii_
Mantell 1827.

Thomas R. Holtz, Jr.
Email: tholtz@umd.edu   Phone: 301-405-4084
Office: Centreville 1216
Senior Lecturer, Vertebrate Paleontology Dept. of Geology, University of
Maryland http://www.geol.umd.edu/~tholtz/
Fax: 301-314-9661

Fax: 301-405-0796

                        Department of Geology