Re: On the subject of mysterious absences...

I raised this very issue a while back on Vrtpaleo. There is a paper, the
authors escape me at the moment, in the Ancient Marine Reptiles volume
by Calloway and Nicholls that discusses this topic --- why there are no
large Mesozoic marine reptile filter feeders. Unfortunately I don't have
a copy of it, either hard or pdf.

Dan