RE: Speaking of the latest Cretaceous...

> From: owner-DINOSAUR@usc.edu [mailto:owner-DINOSAUR@usc.edu]
> On Behalf Of Brandon Pilcher
>

> Does anyone know of the status of the Western Interior Sea
> during this time period? I remember encountering more than
> once source (for example, http://www.scn.org/~bh162/maas2.gif
> ) suggesting it had receded to the point where it no longer
> split North America in two.

Three, actually (west, northcentral Canada, eastern & southeastern North
America).  And yes, the Maastrichtian Regression and local tectonics removed
most of the barriers by the end of the Maa.

> If this is the case, would it be
> theoretically possible for western North American dinosaurs
> to mingle with dinosaurs from the eastern side of the continent?

Yes, but no evidence of that yes.

Thomas R. Holtz, Jr.
Email: tholtz@umd.edu   Phone: 301-405-4084
Office: Centreville 1216