RE: Speaking of the latest Cretaceous...

--- Brandon Pilcher <trex_kid@hotmail.com> schrieb:

> Does anyone know of the status of the Western
> Interior Sea during this time period? I remember
> encountering more than once source (for example,
> http://www.scn.org/~bh162/maas2.gif ) suggesting it
> had receded to the point where it no longer split
> North America in two.

Yes, by then only the southern Pierre Seaway remained,
essentially a very very large, very deep bay slowly
receding from the Midwest. The reason is that the
Rockies uplift was beginning. The Pierre Shale
documents this last phase of the seaway.
(Interestingly, _Hesperornis_ were still around there
and then)

Eike

      E-Mails jetzt auf Ihrem Handy.
www.yahoo.de/go