RE: Rapid Lizard Evo

> > Of course, the argument to be made from this, in
> some circles, will be > that evolution does not take
> millions of years to occur and this is in > line
> with a young Earth. Phenotypic plasticity is
> meaningless to the > general public and will sound
> like a scientific coverup.
>
> Don't worry, the type of people who believe in a
> Young Earth generally aren't so sure about that
> evolution thing, either.

It can be splendidly countered by invoking - in
addition to plasticity* - founder effects, drift, and
plain old natural selection.

Eike

* I am not sure if plasticity is really the key here.
More like within-population variation being acted upon
by the above. Or are the features observed inducible
in almost any randomly chosen individual of those lizards?

Gesendet von Yahoo! Mail.
Der Mailbox mit unbegrenztem Speicher.
http://de.overview.mail.yahoo.com