re: question about Longisquama plumes

JH wrote:

<Sharov assumed there were two, as the original paper indicated. Further
papers found more isolated "plumes" and they were follwed by workers conceiving
the structures as akin to "wings" (hence the allusion to structural feather
analogs). I think it was Haubold who first conceived of the structures as
arranged into a sail-like system, but I don't think any have conceived of them
as an appendage.

  Cheers,

Jaime A. Headden>

So, Sharov _assumed_ paired plume sets, and others (about five papers, most
recent: Martin 2004) just followed suit? You mean to tell me, nobody actually
_saw  and traced_ the second set of plumes?

Yow.

David Peters
1247 Highland Terrace
St. Louis, MO  63117-1712