TGIF fun - quasi-dino related

Back when I was a lad, I grabbed this one from those Scholastic Book Services
catalogues they passed around in elementary school.   It's very well-written
and entertaining - although I only have the "abridged" version - there is a
fuller text out there somewhere but I've never seen it anywhere.

http://www.newsvine.com/_vine/images/users/nws/iarnuocon/987622.jpg

Note how he looks like the "dinosaurid" humanoid proposal.
Not bad for 1967.
Now, just how an anthropoid form evolved from such a line boggles the mind, but
it makes for a good read.

Anyway, this race rose to civilization in the Cretaceous, and when the
university types follow him back to his "lost city" underground, the museums
there have 'real-life-3D' dinosaur murals that reflected the fauna of his time.

Can be found if you look hard and long enuff.

Brian