Re: Are dinosaurs really reptiles? (2)

K and T Dykes writes:

All living reptiles (including birds), have armoured scales on their skin composed of both keratin alpha and keratin beta. If I'm wrong about that, I'll doubtlessly be corrected. I don't have those scales. And nor do or did any synapsid, as far as I'm aware. In this regard, my skin is amphibian-like, and distinct from reptiles. While some living synapsids, eg mice, indeed have scales on their tails, those don't contain keratin beta. They're soft. I know of no evidence whatsoever that we synapsids ever had reptilian scales.

So pangolin scales were completely re-evolved?

http://www2.sims.berkeley.edu/courses/is213/s04/projects/Manis/images/pangol in.jpg

Dann Pigdon