To: "Dora Smith" <villandra@austin.rr.com>
Cc: <dinosaur@usc.edu>
Sent: Sunday, April 27, 2008 3:39 PM
Subject: Re: Are dinosaurs really reptiles? (2)

<<Mammals are reptiles too. We branched off from the reptile family tree before archopods did.>>

Only if you want to use Reptilia to mean much the same as tetrapods minus amphians, Dora.

All living reptiles (including birds), have armoured scales on their skin composed of both keratin alpha and keratin beta. If I'm wrong about that, I'll doubtlessly be corrected. > <<And my theropods think that we look far more primitive than they do.>>

That's possibly because you also lack their derived scales, but I don't speak from personal experience.

--
Internal Virus Database is out-of-date.