Re: Heat Generation, Fat Storage And Dinosaur Extinction

It should be pointed out that the implication for
dinosaur extinction is really one that the news
organizations are running with (and even then, it
seems that it's just the editors that are doing so).

The paper itself, makes no such claim.

http://www.biomedcentral.com/1741-7007/6/17/abstract

Jason

--- Janet m vandenburgh <van02@cox.net> wrote:

> http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/105217.php
>

> A team of researchers at New York Medical College
> has discovered why birds,
> unlike mammals, lack a tissue that is specialized to
> generate heat. A paper
> published in the online peer-reviewed journal BMC
> Biology contains the
> surprising implication that the same lack of
> heat-generating tissue may have
> contributed to the extinction of dinosaurs.
>
> .
>

> CyberDefender has scanned this email for potential
> threats.
> Version 2.0 / Build 3.03.16.00
> Get free PC security at http://www.cyberdefender.com

Be a better friend, newshound, and