Re: Heat Generation, Fat Storage And Dinosaur Extinction

It should be pointed out that the implication for
dinosaur extinction is really one that the news
organizations are running with (and even then, it
seems that it's just the editors that are doing so).

The paper itself, makes no such claim.<<<

Good, cause it's assinine to propose that the lack of a specific tissue type lead to the extinction of a group (dinosaurs) when you are studying extant members of that group which also lack said tissue.

Scott Hartman Science Director Wyoming Dinosaur Center 110 Carter Ranch Rd. Thermopolis, WY 82443 (800) 455-3466 ext. 230 Cell: (307) 921-8333

www.skeletaldrawing.com

-----Original Message----- From: Jura <pristichampsus@yahoo.com> To: dinosaur@usc.edu Sent: Mon, 28 Apr 2008 10:19 am Subject: Re: Heat Generation, Fat Storage And Dinosaur Extinction

It should be pointed out that the implication for
dinosaur extinction is really one that the news
organizations are running with (and even then, it
seems that it's just the editors that are doing so).

The paper itself, makes no such claim.

http://www.biomedcentral.com/1741-7007/6/17/abstract

Jason

--- Janet m vandenburgh <van02@cox.net> wrote:

http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/105217.php

A team of researchers at New York Medical College
has discovered why birds,
unlike mammals, lack a tissue that is specialized to
generate heat. A paper
published in the online peer-reviewed journal BMC
Biology contains the
surprising implication that the same lack of
heat-generating tissue may have
contributed to the extinction of dinosaurs.

.

CyberDefender has scanned this email for potential
threats.
Version 2.0 / Build 3.03.16.00
Get free PC security at http://www.cyberdefender.com

Be a better friend, newshound, and