RE: Jurassic Fight Club

> From: owner-DINOSAUR@usc.edu [mailto:owner-DINOSAUR@usc.edu]
> On Behalf Of Stephen V. Cole
>
> Watched the episode (finally, been busy). Not a
> paleontologist, just a fan. Some questions....
>
> If we have 70% of that baby T-rex, don't we have enough to
> tell if it's the same/different as NanoT? Do we not have a
> skull that would settle the teeth thing?

Herein lies the problem. Either Jane is a baby T. rex (in which case there
is no such thing as Nanotyrannus, since it shares many features with the
type NanoT skull) OR Jane is a Nanotyrannus, and we have no idea what a
juvenile T. rex looks like.

> I don't know that a sibling had to be there. Mother would
> come running when she heard an only child scream, and Nano
> might well have left as opposed to taking on Momma.

The individual fight scenarios are just made up by the writers, and were
written to be exciting.

Thomas R. Holtz, Jr.
Email: tholtz@umd.edu   Phone: 301-405-4084
Office: Centreville 1216