Re: JFC-Bloodiest Battle ??

Allosaurus, like Sinraptor and Monolophosaurus, has an exceedingly narrow preorbital region. All three are like a pair of scissors and quite unlike Tyrannosaurus with arched and fused nasals. I doubt Allosaurus was capable of sustaining great stresses, especially given the extensive pneumatic system enclosed in the narrow skull. Given the abundance of Morrison sauropods, Allosaurus might have been primarily a scavenger, rather than a predator, although that is pretty much am waving. Jurassic Scavenger Club anyone?

Dan