RE: The New Papers Knight

One more for the road...

Da-qing Li, Hai-lu You, & Jian-ping Zhang (2008).  A new specimen of
_Suzhousaurus megatherioides_ (Dinosauria: Therizinosauroidea) from the Early
Cretaceous of northwestern China.  Can. J. Earth Sci. 45(7): 769–779.

Abstract: "A new specimen of a therizinosauroid dinosaur recovered from the
Lower Cretaceous Xinminpu Group in the Yujingzi Basin of the Jiuquan area,
Gansu Province, northwestern China, consists of a partial postcranial skeleton,
including a well-preserved left half of the pelvic girdle.  It is referred to
_Suzhousaurus megatherioides_ Li et al., 2007 based on the autapomorphic
anterior concavity of its pubic shaft and is the second known specimen of this
taxon.  Comparisons of the structure of therizinosauroid pelvic girdles show
that the pelvis of _Suzhousaurus_ possesses several unique features, including
a laterally deflected, thin, and flat preacetabular process of the ilium, a
smoothly curved anterodorsal margin of the preacetabular process of the ilium,
and a concave anterior margin of the pubic shaft.  Cladistic analysis confirms
that _Suzhousaurus_ is more derived than the Early Cretaceous therizinosauroids
_Falcarius_ and _Beipiaosaurus_, less derived than Late Cretaceous
 forms, and likely closely related to _Alxasaurus_ from the Early Cretaceous of
Inner Mongolia, China."

> Sorry I've been lapse on reporting of late (like it's never happened
> before...), but here's a few newbies:
>

> He, T., Wang, X.-L., and Zhou, Z.-H. 2008. A new genus and species of
> caudipterid dinosaur from the Lower Cretaceous Jiufotang Formation of
> western Liaoning, China. Vertebrata PalAsiatica 46(3):178-189.
>
> ABSTRACT: Anew oviraptorosaur, Similicaudipteryx yixianensis gen. el sp.
> nov. is described from the Jiufotang Formation (120 Ma) of the Jeho1 Group
> in western Liaoning. China. which is referred to the Caudipteridae based on
> a dagger-like pygostyle and the shape of the ilium that are most similar to
> those of Caudipteryx. It differs from other oviraptorosaurids in that the
> ratio of pubis to ilium length is 1.46 and the presence of two large and
> deep hypapophyses on dorsal vertebrae. The known caudipterids have
> previously been found only from the Jianshangou Member of the Yixian
> Formation (125 Ma) of the Sihetun area in Liaoning Province. S. yixianensis
> represents the first caudipterid dinosaur from the Jiufotang Formation. The
> new discovery provides more information for the discussion of the evolution
> of oviraptorids during the Early Cretaceous and adds to the dinosaur
> assemblage of the Jehol Biota.
>

> Martinelli, A.G., and Pais, D.F. 2008. A new baurusuchid crocodyliform
> (Archosauria) from the Late Cretaceous of Patagonia (Argentina). Comptes
> Rendus Palevol 7(6):371-381. doi: 10.1016/j.crpv.2008.05.002.
>
> ABSTRACT: A new baurusuchid, Wargosuchus australis gen. et sp. nov., coming
> from the Bajo de La Carpa Formation, Neuquén Province (Argentina), is
> described. This new taxon is based on a fragment of snout and a portion of
> the cranial roof. Wargosuchus differs from other crocodyliforms by
> possessing a deep median groove on the frontals, a contact between nasals
> and frontals extremely reduced, a large depression for the olfactory bulbs,
> three large foramina surrounding the large, smooth perinarial depression,
> and a hypertrophied, conical last premaxillary tooth followed by a large
> paracanine fossa. The finding of Wargosuchus in Patagonia (Argentina), a
> taxon with a strong resemblance to Brazilian baurusuchids, reinforces the
> hypothesis of a similar biota between both regions by the Late Cretaceous.
> Wargosuchus and Cynodontosuchus represent the only Argentinian
> mesoeucrocodylians to be included within Baurusuchidae. This finding extends
> the number of crocodyliforms from the Bajo de la Carpa Formation, which, in
> turn, corresponds to the most taxonomically diverse one in Argentina.
>

> Bell, P.R., and Snively, E. 2008. Polar dinosaurs on parade: a review of
> dinosaur migration. Alcheringa 32(3):271-284. doi:
> 10.1080/03115510802096101.
>
> ABSTRACT: Cretaceous polar dinosaur faunas were taxonomically diverse, which
> suggests varied strategies for coping with the climatic stress of high
> latitudes. Some polar dinosaurs, particularly larger taxa such as the
> [...]

Get thousands of games on your PC, your mobile phone, and the web with Windows®.
http://clk.atdmt.com/MRT/go/108588800/direct/01/