RE: No Jurassic Park IV

> From: owner-DINOSAUR@usc.edu [mailto:owner-DINOSAUR@usc.edu]
> On Behalf Of David Marjanovic
>
> > I think the third sequel gets such a bad rap mostly for the -
> > admittedly pointless - _T.rex_ vs. S_aegyptiacus_ scene. God forbid
> > superhero _T.rex_ turns out not to be the greatest animal
> of all time.
>
> Let *Spinosaurus* pwn *Tyrannosaurus*. I don't care. But
> anything that survives having its neck between a pair of
> *Tyrannosaurus* jaws is against the laws of thermodynamics.

Indeed. As I said (http://dml.cmnh.org/2001Jul/msg00625.html) when the movie
first came out:

"Once EITHER of the big guys got a serious clamp on the other, victory
should
have been theirs.  Had the fight been choreographed so that the T. rex
didn't get a serious hold on the Spinosaurus prior to the Spinosaurus' bite,
it would have played off a little more realistically.  However, they clearly
show the T. rex have a strong clamp on the spinosaurs neck.  It should have
been "bone crush, spinal chord severed, windpipe crumpled" time."

Thomas R. Holtz, Jr.
Email: tholtz@umd.edu   Phone: 301-405-4084
Office: Centreville 1216
http://www.geol.umd.edu/~tholtz/