Re: No Jurassic Park IV

"-in JP2 Bakker's copy was killed and shown as a faint-hearted bozo."

Yeah, but IIRC he also said something about T. rex exclusively being a
scavenger, so . . . style over substance? Regardless of how he looks,
his argument was not Bakker's . . .

"And I'm going to be controversial, and say that I was
glad that the Lost World deviated from the book,"

I was too. The book's villains were poorly organized and few in
number. Frankly, an island full of dinosaurs is something every major
corporation on *Earth* would be fighting to get their hands on, given
the potential profit, so the large-scale operation in the film made
more sense to me.

As to other aspects where they were different, some were good, some
not. Oh well.

"Let *Spinosaurus* pwn *Tyrannosaurus*. I don't care. But anything
that survives having its neck between a pair of *Tyrannosaurus* jaws
is against the laws of thermodynamics."

Exactly. The problem is not that the spinosaur won, which is fine. The
problem was that the means employed by the tyrannosaur should,
realistically, have had a very different outcome.

Unless the tyrannosaur had an injured jaw or something, which is never implied.