Re: No Jurassic Park IV

--- On Wed, 12/10/08, Augusto Haro <augustoharo@gmail.com> wrote:

> From: Augusto Haro <augustoharo@gmail.com>
> Subject: Re: No Jurassic Park IV
> To: dinosaur@usc.edu
> Date: Wednesday, December 10, 2008, 1:13 PM
> Raptorial Talon wrote:
>
> > "-in JP2 Bakker's copy was killed and shown
> as a faint-hearted bozo."
> >
> > Yeah, but IIRC he also said something about T. rex
> exclusively being a
> > scavenger, so . . . style over substance? Regardless
> of how he looks,
> > his argument was not Bakker's . . .
>
> I suppose you are right, because that Bakker's copy was
> somewhat
> orthodox at these times in saying dinos did not cared their
> children.
> But it is clear what the style and physical similarity
> tried to point
> towards. I am suspecting perhaps Bakker didn't want to
> help Spielberg
> with this movie and then Spielberg, in revenge, showed him
> defending
> theories contrary to those he held and being coward.

You're partly right. The way I remember it, Bakker tried to take credit for
consulting on the film (even though it was Horner that was the consultant),
including insinuating himself in some of the JP merchandising (e.g. JP the game
for the Sega CD), so someone on the JP staff "got back" at him by placing him
in the sequel.

Or something like that.

Jason