Re: No Jurassic Park IV

Jeez, a thread about dinosaur movies and I haven't chimed in yet?

I don't really have much to say, but If I were teaching a film class and wanted to show a good scene depicting great tension and release, I would show the rex attacking the jeep in JP1. Speilberg milks every moment for maximum effect. Nice touches like only a piece of glass between the kids and the T.rex. Willing suspension of disbelief at its best!

  Also, a funny little antecdote.

I've been on a few movies with an artist named Ryan Church. Whenever we get the funny feeling that the show we are working on might be cancelled- and the tension is high and the air is quiet as producers are in secret closed door meetings- Ryan would play the nostalgic end theme for Jurassic Park aloud. It has now become the universal theme for " time to look for work again".