Re: No Jurassic Park IV

All true. It also depends on whether we approach a film as being
intentionally absurd, or as something absurd which nevertheless takes
itself seriously.

So, for example, I too dislike the superhero kind of stuff in general
- too much of a stretch to be taken at face value. Yet at the same
time I like Godzilla movies, because I don't take them literally; what
they're about is equal parts symbolism and self-aware silliness in my
view.

Something like JP3 is just too far over on the "takes itself
seriously" part of the continuum to make enjoyable cinema for me.