Re: No Jurassic Park

"Fiction is fiction"

But not all fiction is good fiction.

And regarding what is "good," tastes may vary.

As for acting like animals, I kind of agree, but I'd also like to
point out that the carnivores in these books/movies (especially in the
first one) had an island full of other dinosaurs - some noted to be
sick and weak, possibly even dead or dying - and yet spent huge
amounts of energy pursuing smaller snacks (the humans). A real
predator would be quickly drawn to the scent of carrion, or even just
of "natural" prey, before vigorously hunting an unfamiliar species.

In this respect, the creatures were clearly being turned into monsters
for the sake of moving the plot along. It is a more subtle means of
doing so than that used in most dinosaur films, though.