Re: New Shandong Dinosaur Discoveries

David Marjanovic wrote:

<* Which reminds me: the temnospondyl workers switched all -opsidae/-opsoidea
names to -opidae/-opoidea maybe 10 or 15 years ago, and nobody seems to
complain...>

  If they did it before the ICZN cut off emmendations like this in 1999, then
yeah, no one should complain. But if they did it afterward, heads will roll.
Nonetheless, the name is *Ceratopsidae*, and it's been around for a while. I am
still noticing uses of *-orum* in attempts to modify names ending in *-i*
despite the cutoff point having passed.

  From the sounds of the taxic diversity, this looks like a
Campano-Maastrichtian site, given hadrosaurs and ceratopsians, which should be
fascinating, although it can just as readily be Early Cretaceous given
*Eolambia* and *Zuniceratops*. Ambiguity, you are such a tease!

  Cheers,

Jaime A. Headden