Re: New Shandong Dinosaur Discoveries

The grass avoiding dry water is a reference to some obscure humor in an old DML post (circa 1998) regarding this same subject. Pretty trivial in retrospect but it still applies in contrast to grass preferring wet areas. I usually search the archives these days to avoid duplicating old questions.

I suspect you are correct that the translation is probably the issue and but journalists always get things right of course. ;-)

Regarding phytoliths, interesting and I (et al) look forward to the post. Didn't know that. Always assumed the silica was harder with analogues like scouring rushes (Equisetum hyemale which is course is an evergreen perennial) running through my mind. They avoid dry water too!

Frank (Rooster) Bliss www.wyomingdinosaurs.com Weston, Wyoming