RE: Orkoraptor and Crichtonsaurus benxiensis

Mike Keesey wrote:

> Thank goodness -- for a moment, I thought some paleontologist out
> there was a fan of the most annoying He-Man character.
>
> http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g125/valuemate/Orko.jpg

Oh... then you're not going to be too happy to learn of two new proposed
genera: _Gazoosaurus_ and _Scrappydootherium_.

;-)

While on the subject of new papers, this tete-a-tete recently appeared in "The
Auk"...

Mayr, G. and Peters, D.S. (2007).  The foot of _Archaeopteryx_: Response to
Feduccia et al. (2007).  The Auk 124: 1450-1452.

Feduccia, A., Martin, L.D., and Tarsitano, S. (2007).   Response to Mayr and
Peters.  124: 1452.

(No prizes for guessing who comes out best.)

Cheers

Tim

Need to know the score, the latest news, or you need your Hotmail®-get your
"fix".