To: <dinosaur@usc.edu>
Sent: Wednesday, February 06, 2008 9:57 AM
Subject: RE: "Bonn Scientists Simulate Dinosaur Digestion in the Lab"

"We assume that the herbivorous dinosaurs must have had a kind of fermenter, similar to the rumen in cows today." They are also using sheep bacteria for their experiments.

Another example of researchers incorrectly treating dinosaurs like cows rather than birds. A good example when thinking about diet that I was told, was that when a cow eats something, is comes out the other end still relatively recognizable, while birds have a much more efficient digestive system and things come out as a white liquid.

Brian