RE: The Right-to-Left Shunt of Crocodilians Serves Digestion

Quoting "Richard W. Travsky" <rtravsky@uwyo.edu>:

On Fri, 8 Feb 2008, Hope, Sylvia wrote:

Birds lost it right about the time the first bird got up and tried to fly off
on a full stomach.

Well, this apparently does happen ;) but the examples I foud were for eagles

http://www.pbase.com/joshuacripps/image/82053102
2-year-old bald eagle. Too gorged on food to fly away from us or the badgers that kept pestering him

Well, I'm no expert, but I'm pretty sure that's a Red-tailed Hawk.

Nicholas J. Pharris
Department of Linguistics
Deutscher Platz 6       phone:    +49 (0) 341 35 50 304
D-04103 Leipzig         fax:      +49 (0) 341 35 50 333
Germany                 e-mail:   nicholas_pharris@eva.mpg.de

"Creativity is the sudden cessation of stupidity."
    --Edwin H. Land