Re: Sneak preview of Peter Schouten's latest!

Wow. Deeply impressive. I suppose I'll need to buy the book.

Now if only <wince> <whine> someone would have told him not to ever pronate theropod forearms... And regarding the featherless beakless snouts in the top and the bottom picture, I recommend the photo of the 2nd published specimen of *Eoenantiornis*.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Choo, Brian" <bchoo@museum.vic.gov.au>
To: <dinosaur@usc.edu>
Sent: Monday, February 11, 2008 4:34 AM
Subject: Sneak preview of Peter Schouten's latest!

With the permission of John Long, here is a sneak preview of the latest
offering from Aussie paleoart maestro Peter Schouten. Those who remember
Prehistoric Animals of Australia back in 1983, or have gawped at the
more recent collaborations with Tim Flannery (A Gap in Nature,
Astonishing Animals etc) will be completely blown away by these!

http://www.geocities.com/ozraptor400/schoutenpreview.html

I can state that these are FAR from the most impressive works to be
presented in the book, to be released in April.

In a nutshell, Schouten has gone an illustrated every known non-avian
coelurosaur taxon known in early 2007 from reasonable remains as well as
a sizeable chunk of the Mesozoic Aves.

Enjoy!
Brian Choo