Re: Nemicolopterus

I really wish that when describing significant new fossils, high resolution photographs with a couple of lighting angles were attached in the supporting information. It's so easy to do, and make research a helluva lot easier for everyone.

The authors note that "[T]he gastralia and the sternum, which tend to be fragile and badly preserved in juveniles, are well ossified in this specimen (Figs. 2 and 3)." - which is interesting, but I can't make out either in the supplied photograph.

Grumble,
John

--
Palaeontography: http://palaeo.jconway.co.uk