Northern Illinois University Shooting

Dear Mailing List Friends,

I'm sure by now many of you have seen the news regarding the horrific
shooting event unfolding at a geology class in Kohl Hall at Northern
Illinois University, in DeKalb, IL today.  As many of you know Burpee
Curator Mike Henderson teaches a geology class at NIU, and most of my
lab staff are in geology related classes down there as well.  I wanted
to let everyone know that Mike was not teaching the Geology Class that
the gunman fired upon, and Mike is OK.  Thankfully my lab staff; Josh
Mathews, Mindy Householder, and Katie Tremaine are ok as well, they are
safe and left the campus unharmed.

However there are some friends we have yet to hear from.  Our thoughts
and prayers are with them and their families at this time.  If I get
more information I will pass it on to all of you.  I know that everyone
is sending their good wishes to all the students at NIU.

Sincerely,

Scott Williams
Burpee Museum of Natural History
Rockford, IL