Geographic Distribution of Maniraptora

Greetings,

This is my very first post, and before I sent it, I searched the archives
extensively to make certain that I was not duplicating a previous thread or
topic. If my search failed, please forgive me.

I have just recently been approved as an intern in the Paleontology Lab at the
Dallas Museum of Natural History (now the Nature and Science Museum). As well,
Dr. David Burnham has agreed to mentor me, and assist in developing a project,
which I hope will become my thesis, for Graduate School.

I am still in the early research stages as of yet, but what I need assistance
on is the following. Are there any studies available on the geographic
distribution of all Maniraptorans, not just the feathered specimens? I just
recently read about Buitreraptor, and the article mentioned the possibility of
two very distinct groups, one from Gondwanaland, the other from Laurasia. When
I see all these proposed phylogenetic tree's I often wonder where the specimens
used for the study are from. I start to wonder how much of these close
relationships are attributable to convergence between the two different groups.

I have searched long and hard, and as of yet, had no luck finding such a study.
Again, I may have overlooked it.

As well, are there any good maps of the Triassic, Jurassic and Cretaceous one
could purchase? I want to pin these "raptors" on the map, to get a visual sense
of what was going on and how they were distributed. I would need them large,
like a map so to speak. It would be used for a presentation.

I truly enjoy reading the site, and the archives, and I hope once I get more
experience in the field, that I can contribute more knowledgeably to other
discussions. Any assistance would be appreciated, and I thank you beforehand.

sincerely,

Lonnie Allen Matson
University of North Texas

"Trilobites and dinosaurs, who were each around for more than a hundred million
years, might be amused at a species here only a thousandth as long deciding to
appoint itself the guardian of life on Earth. That species is itself the
danger".

---- Carl Sagan