Re: Geographic Distribution of Maniraptora

 Sorry... message truncated.... I was working with rich text....
Here is that I wanted to say...

  Maybe you can use Scotese's maps (www.scotese.com), as a source for drawing
your own schematic maps using some vector drawing software (Open Office Draw,
Corel Draw, Illustrator, etc.). Also, you can make combined works, using the
image (maximized to the final size) and the vectorial drawing for the edges
(you can smooth the image for hiding a little the pixels). Finally, you can
search Scotese's site or Contact him for more info (he SURE has the hi-res maps)

About the distribution of Maniraptorans, you have a small discussions in:

Kim et al. (2005). The first non avian maniraptoran... Cretaceous Research 26:
299-306 Case,  J.A.,

Martin, J.E. and Reguero, M. (2007) A dromaeosaur from the Maastrichtian of
James Ross Island and the Late Cretaceous Antarctic dinosaur fauna. U.S.
Geological Survey and The National Academies; USGS OF-2007-1047, Short Research
Paper 083

Maybe you can also compare the distribution of Maniraptorans (Laurasian vs
Gondwanic Unenlagiinae, as Unenlagia comahuensis and U.paynemilli,
Neuquenraptor argentinus (U.paynemilli?), Buitreraptor, Unquillosaurus (?),
Santanaraptor (some place it in Maniraptoriforms, altough others consider it an
Abelisauroid Noasaurid, or even a Tyrannosauroid), Rahonavis, and the Brazilian
Maniraptora) , considered by many authors as more primitive) taking into
account the vicariance proposal, and compare with the distribution of
Alvarezsaurid taxa (which also reveals that the South american taxa
(Patagonykus, Alvarezsaurus, Achillesaurus, and a yet unpublished taxa) are
more primitive than the Laurasian ones.

Hope this is useful for you!

Best wishes

Ezequiel

Lic. Ezequiel I. Vera

Museo Argentino de Ciencias Naturales "Bernardino Rivadavia"
División Paleobotánica. Lab. 61.
Av. Angel Gallardo 470. C1405DJR.
Buenos Aires-Argentina
E-mail: ezequiel.vera@gmail.com / evera@macn.gov.ar