Re: Northen Illinois University Shootings

David Mindell, who I actually did an internship with, just released a paper pertaining to the origination of avian lineages being in the cretaceous. Do you think this supports the secondary flightless issue? The Birds are Dinosaurs theory? Or neither?

It cannot do any such thing, because the question of when the paleognaths and the neognaths parted ways ( = when Neornithes originated) is simply not related to the question of when, let alone how, Aves or flight originated.

Besides, all internal calibration points in that study have only a minimum age and no maximum age. I think that explains something. http://www.informaworld.com/smpp/content?content=10.1080/10635150701397635 :-Â <innocent whistling>