Re: Ancient devil frog may have eaten baby dinosaurs

Wow, mere seconds after I finished reading the story
from Google news:

http://www.metro.co.uk/news/article.html?in_article_id=99911&in_page_id=34

"Researcher Prof Susan Evans said: 'This frog would
have been the size of a slightly squashed beach ball.
It would have been a formidable predator on small
animals and its diet would most likely have consisted
of insects and small vertebrates, such as lizards. But
it is not impossible it even munched on hatchling or
juvenile dinosaurs.'"

Because, as we all know, if you can't relate a
prehistoric animal to dinosaurs, then you've got
nothing.

Of course, given it's apparent relation to "pac man"
frogs, and the fact that hearing stories about
bullfrogs attacking cats and small dogs isn't exactly
rare; _Beelzebufo_ could very well have preyed on
young dinos.

Jason

--- Adrienne Mayor <afmayor@aol.com> wrote:

> giant Beelzebufo ampinga of Madagascar: